Current:Home > InvestPoinbank:Moment of Sean "Diddy" Combs' Arrest Revealed in New Video -ProfitSphere Academy
Poinbank:Moment of Sean "Diddy" Combs' Arrest Revealed in New Video
Surpassing View
Date:2025-04-07 05:09:05
New information is Poinbankcoming to light about Sean "Diddy" Combs' arrest.
Days after the music mogul was arrested in New York City and charged with sex trafficking, racketeering and transportation to engage in prostitution, a video of Combs' arrest has been released.
In the footage from the Sept. 16 arrest, obtained by TMZ, the 54-year-old, wearing a black trench coat, could be seen entering the lobby at the Park Hyatt New York in midtown Manhattan with a large group. Combs was quickly approached by federal agents, who then proceeded to lead him away from his group.
At a later point in the video, Combs was seen with his hands cuffed behind his back as he was led down a hallway and into an elevator, with the video later showing him being escorted out of the hotel lobby and onto the street.
In a $50 million bond package put together by his legal team and obtained by E! News, his lawyers had claimed Combs had come to New York on his own accord as he knew that an arrest was imminent.
"When it became apparent to his counsel that Mr. Combs would at some point soon be formally charged, he did something extraordinary," the letter said. "He left his home in Miami and travelled to New York, the very location of the prosecutors and agents investigating him."
However, shortly after the Bad Boys Entertainment founder pleaded not guilty to charges of sex trafficking, racketeering and transportation to engage in prostitution during a Sept. 17 hearing, the bail package was denied by a New York City Judge. While his attorneys appealed the decision, a second judge upheld the decision to keep Combs in custody until his trial the following day.
In the federal indictment obtained by E! News, Combs is accused of having "abused, threatened, and coerced women and others around him to fulfill his sexual desires, protect his reputation, and conceal his conduct" for decades.
While awaiting his upcoming trial, Combs has been placed on suicide watch at the Metropolitan Detention Center in New York City. However, a source with knowledge confirmed to E! News that this is a common practice for high-profile individuals upon admittance to a federal facility and is not indicative of mental state.
In fact, Combs' lawyer Marc Agnifilo told TMZ that after having spent time with the rapper, he is "not at all suicidal," adding that he is "strong, healthy, confident and focused on his defense."
E! News has reached out to Combs' lawyer for additional comment as well as the Metropolitan Detention Center and has not heard back.
Agnifilo had previously given further insight into Combs' condition, telling the court Sept. 17, via NBC News, "He is not a perfect person."
"There has been drug use. He has been in toxic relationships," he continued, adding that Combs is in "treatment and therapy for things that he needs treatment and therapy for."
For more on the music mogul's recent legal woes, keep reading.
Federal agents with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) executed search warrants at Sean “Diddy” Combs’ Los Angeles and Miami properties on March 25, multiple law enforcement sources confirmed to NBC News.
The sources told the outlet the warrant was out of the Southern District of New York, and a spokesperson for HSI New York confirmed to E! News it “executed law enforcement actions as part of an ongoing investigation, with assistance from HSI Los Angeles, HSI Miami, and our local law enforcement partners.”
Law enforcement sources told NBC News the music mogul was in the Miami area when the search warrants were executed.
News about the investigation broke after Combs faced allegations of sexual misconduct in lawsuits filed by multiple accusers starting in November, with the musician denying the allegations.
“Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday,” he wrote in a December statement posted on Instagram. “Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth.”
The day after HSI executed the search warrants at Combs' L.A. and Miami properties, his lawyer spoke out.
"Yesterday, there was a gross overuse of military-level force as search warrants were executed at Mr. Combs' residences," attorney Aaron Dyer said in a March 26 statement to E! News. "There is no excuse for the excessive show of force and hostility exhibited by authorities or the way his children and employees were treated."
Dyer noted Combs “was never detained but spoke to and cooperated with authorities.”
“Despite media speculation, neither Mr. Combs nor any of his family members have been arrested nor has their ability to travel been restricted in any way,” his lawyer's statement continued. “This unprecedented ambush—paired with an advanced, coordinated media presence—leads to a premature rush to judgment of Mr. Combs and is nothing more than a witch hunt based on meritless accusations made in civil lawsuits.”
And Dyer expressed Combs' intent to defend himself.
“There has been no finding of criminal or civil liability with any of these allegations,” he added. “Mr. Combs is innocent and will continue to fight every single day to clear his name.”
As for what actually went down during the searches, multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the warrant told NBC News authorities with the Department of Homeland Security seized phones from Combs’ home in Miami before he was scheduled to travel to the Bahamas, and several sources familiar with the matter added that guns were discovered during the search.
One source familiar with the matter also told NBC News three women and one man were interviewed by prosecutors and investigators from the Southern District of New York about allegations of sex trafficking, sexual assault, the solicitation and distribution of illegal narcotics and firearms purportedly tied to Combs.
On the same day the search warrants were executed at Combs’ Miami and Los Angeles properties, one of his associates, Brendan Paul, was arrested by the Miami-Dade police on suspicion of drug possession, a law enforcement source familiar with the matter told NBC News.
According to the Miami-Dade arrest affidavit obtained by the outlet, Paul was taken into custody for allegedly possessing suspected cocaine and suspected marijuana candy.
Prison records obtained by NBC News show Paul was released on March 26 after posting bond.
“We do not plan on trying this case in the media,” Paul’s attorney Brian Bieber said in a statement obtained by the outlet, “all issues will be dealt with in court.”
In May, Paul accepted a plea deal, with his lawyer Bieber telling People, "Brendan accepted the prosecutor’s offer to permit his entry into the diversion program which, after completion, the case against him will be dismissed in its entirety."
He was arrested in the lobby of a New York hotel on Sept. 16, 2024, according to NBC News. It's unclear what Combs has been charged with and if the arrest has any potential connection to the raids.
“We are disappointed with the decision to pursue what we believe is an unjust prosecution of Mr. Combs by the U.S. Attorney’s Office," his lawyer Marc Agnifilo said in a statement to E! News. "He is an imperfect person but Is not criminal. To his credit Mr. Combs has been nothing but cooperative with this investigation and he voluntarily relocated to New York last week in anticipation of these charges."
After Combs was arrested based on the sealed indictment, the indictment was unsealed on Sept. 17.
The 54-year-old was charged with racketeering conspiracy; sex trafficking by force, fraud or coercion; as well as transportation to engage in prostitution, according to court documents obtained by NBC News.
The indictment alleged Combs “abused, threatened, and coerced women and others around him to fulfill his sexual desires, protect his reputation, and conceal his conduct” for more than a decade, with prosecutors saying the purported behavior started around 2008.
"To do so," the documents stated, "Combs relied on the employees, resources, and influence of the multi-faceted business empire that he led and controlled—creating a criminal enterprise whose members and associates engaged in, and attempted to engage in, among other crimes, sex trafficking, forced labor, kidnapping, arson, bribery, and obstruction of justice."
According to NBC News, Combs pleaded not guilty and was denied bail.
“He’s going to fight this with all of his energy and all of his might,” his attorney Marc Agnifilo told reporters outside the courthouse prior to the arraignment, “and the full confidence of his lawyers."
veryGood! (3)
Related
- Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
- California recommends changes to leasing properties under freeways after major fire
- Virginia Democrats are sending gun-control bills to a skeptical Gov. Youngkin
- Santa Anita postpones Friday’s card in wake of historic rains in Southern California
- Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
- Mo'Nique slams Tiffany Haddish, Oprah Winfrey and Kevin Hart in scathing podcast: 'You betrayed me'
- Beat The Afternoon Slump: The Best Ways To Boost Your Energy & Increase Your Productivity At Work
- Britney Spears Reveals She Forgot She Made Out With Ben Affleck
- Former longtime South Carolina congressman John Spratt dies at 82
- Georgia legislators want filmmakers to do more than show a peach to earn state tax credits
Ranking
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- 16-year-old arrested in Illinois for allegedly planning a school shooting
- Chiefs' receivers pushed past brutal errors to help guide Super Bowl return
- Wendy's is giving away free cheeseburgers this week. Here's how you can get one.
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- 'Lisa Frankenstein' review: Goth girl meets cute corpse in Diablo Cody's horror rom-com
- Recalled applesauce pouches contained lead due to a single cinnamon processor, FDA says
- Massachusetts state trooper pleads not guilty to charges related to bribery scandal
Recommendation
Taylor Swift makes surprise visit to Kansas City children’s hospital
Family fast track: 9-year-old girl coached by great-grandfather eyes BMX championship
Idaho death row inmate nearing execution wants a new clemency hearing. The last one ended in a tie
Former Ohio sheriff’s deputy charged with murder testifies that the man he shot brandished gun
Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
Florida asks state Supreme Court to keep abortion rights amendment off the November ballot
Connecticut's Geno Auriemma becomes third college basketball coach to reach 1,200 wins
Cargo train locomotive derails in Colorado, spilling 100s of gallons of diesel