Current:Home > reviewsNovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Center:Golden Bachelorette's Guy Gansert Addresses Ex's Past Restraining Order Filing -ProfitSphere Academy
NovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Center:Golden Bachelorette's Guy Gansert Addresses Ex's Past Restraining Order Filing
Fastexy View
Date:2025-04-07 05:33:44
Another Golden Bachelorette contestant is NovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Centerspeaking out after their past has come to the surface.
The ex-wife of Guy Gansen, one of several hopefuls competing for Joan Vassos' final rose on the ABC dating show, filed for a temporary protection order against the contestant in 2021 before withdrawing the application three weeks later, according to court records obtained by E! News Oct. 10.
Gansen—an emergency room doctor from Reno, Nevada—addressed the matter on social media.
"This was an unfortunate situation that occurred during an incredibly stressful time for me and my former spouse and was ultimately resolved when she voluntarily dismissed her request for a protective order," the 66-year-old said in a statement on Instagram Oct. 10. "Together we crafted a resolution that was agreeable to both parties."
Gansen said he and his ex had recently asked the court to seal her TPO application because they had "hoped to maintain privacy for our family." He added, "But, I know that with being in the public eye comes responsibility."
The reality show contestant, who Joan had chosen on The Golden Bachelorette's most recent Oct. 9 episode to advance to the next round, also reflected on his previous relationship and the way it ended.
"My ex-wife and I were married for 34 years and in that time had four children who we raised together and deeply love. They are my greatest accomplishment," he said. "My divorce was extremely difficult for me and led me to a very low point in my life and as a result I acted in a way that does not represent who I am."
Gansen continued, "The past few years have caused me to conduct a deep personal evaluation, and I will always continue to work to improve myself. I am so appreciative of The Golden Bachelorette and Bachelor Nation as well as my family, who have been exceptionally supportive during the most difficult times in my life. I am eternally grateful for them."
As part of her application for a temporary restraining order, Gansen's wife had alleged that the physician had sent her text messages “trying to reconcile then flipping to anger,” and that he later “physically tried to threaten" her, according to an emergency motion obtained by People.
According to the outlet, she also alleged that on the day she filed for the order, which was never put in place before it was dismissed, Gansert had placed something under her tire after running into her with his sister at the gym and then allegedly "motioned like he was going to shoot me with his hand shaped like a pistol."
E! News has reached out to ABC for comment and has not heard back.
A source close to the production told E! News in a statement that they "learned from Mr. Gansert during our vetting process that an application for a Temporary Protective Order was filed against him from his ex-wife after a disagreement but confirmed that it was never granted, as Mr. Gansert’s ex-wife voluntarily dismissed the application shortly after the filing.
The statement continued, "Therefore, he was cleared to continue through the casting process."
The latest news from the franchise comes three weeks after it was revealed that a woman had filed for a temporary domestic violence restraining order against former Golden Bachelorette contestant Gil Ramirez, alleging that he is her ex and had emotionally harassed her.
She filed the papers in June, just days before the inaugural season of ABC's Golden Bachelor spinoff entered production. The order was initially granted and then dismissed after a month due to lack of prosecution.
E! News previously reached out to Ramirez and the TV network for comment and has not heard back.
At the time, a source close to the Golden Bachelorette told E! News that the production was "recently made" aware of the TRO filed against Ramirez.
"This filing occurred in the brief period between completion of our thorough background investigation and exhaustive vetting process, and the beginning of production," the source said. "As a result of this newly confirmed information, we have further edited his already limited screen time and minimized him in promotional assets moving forward."
For the latest breaking news updates, click here to download the E! News AppveryGood! (58)
Related
- McConnell absent from Senate on Thursday as he recovers from fall in Capitol
- You Might’ve Missed This Euphoria Star’s Cameo on The Idol Premiere
- Princess Eugenie Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby No. 2 With Husband Jack Brooksbank
- Pete Davidson Speaks Out After Heated Voicemail to PETA About New Dog Is Leaked Online
- Intel's stock did something it hasn't done since 2022
- Here's How Tom Brady Intercepts the Noise and Rumors Surrounding His Life
- The Supreme Court Hears Arguments on Climate Change. Is it Ready to Decide Which Courts Have Jurisdiction?
- Smoke From Western Wildfires Darkens the Skies of the East Coast and Europe
- Former Syrian official arrested in California who oversaw prison charged with torture
- ChatGPT maker OpenAI sued for allegedly using stolen private information
Ranking
- Arkansas State Police probe death of woman found after officer
- Shop Beard Daddy Conditioning Spray, Father’s Day Gift of the Year
- RHOC's Shannon Beador Reveals the Real Reason for Her and Tamra Judge's Falling Out
- Trump’s Forest Service Planned More Logging in the Yaak Valley, Environmentalists Want Biden To Make it a ‘Climate Refuge’
- Opinion: Gianni Infantino, FIFA sell souls and 2034 World Cup for Saudi Arabia's billions
- In Exxon Climate Fraud Case, Judge Rejects Defense Tactic that Attacked the Prosecutor
- United CEO admits to taking private jet amid U.S. flight woes
- Florida police say they broke up drug ring selling fentanyl and xylazine
Recommendation
Federal Spending Freeze Could Have Widespread Impact on Environment, Emergency Management
Pence meets with Zelenskyy in Ukraine in surprise trip
Florida police say they broke up drug ring selling fentanyl and xylazine
Standing Rock Asks Court to Shut Down Dakota Access Pipeline as Company Plans to Double Capacity
Dick Vitale announces he is cancer free: 'Santa Claus came early'
Aging Wind Farms Are Repowering with Longer Blades, More Efficient Turbines
Wheeler Announces a New ‘Transparency’ Rule That His Critics Say Is Dangerous to Public Health
In a First, California Requires Solar Panels for New Homes. Will Other States Follow?