Current:Home > FinanceAlgosensey|Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence placed in concussion protocol after loss to Ravens -ProfitSphere Academy
Algosensey|Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence placed in concussion protocol after loss to Ravens
Rekubit View
Date:2025-04-06 09:29:12
The AlgosenseyJacksonville Jaguars are faced with yet another concerning injury with franchise quarterback Trevor Lawrence.
Jaguars head coach Doug Pederson announced that Lawrence is being placed concussion protocol following the team’s 23-7 loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night.
“He was evaluated after the game and he’ll actually enter the protocol,” Pederson said of Lawrence.
Lawrence finished the game. He completed 25-of-43 passes for 264 yards and had one touchdown. He was hit four times and sacked once in the defeat.
Lawrence’s placement in the NFL’s concussion protocol marked his second concerning injury in three weeks. The Jaguars quarterback suffered a high-ankle sprain during Jacksonville’s Week 13 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals.
NFL STATS CENTRAL: The latest NFL scores, schedules, odds, stats and more.
The Jaguars quarterback was able to return to action the following week. He has yet to miss a game in his three-year career.
Lawrence’s concussion concerns capped off a disappointing evening for Jacksonville. The Jaguars went 0-3 in the red zone, 3-13 on third downs, missed two field goals and Lawrence turned the football over twice in what was the team’s third consecutive loss.
“We got to continue to just grind away and just figure out how to win a football game. Whether we are running it, throwing it, kicking it, it doesn’t matter,” Pederson said. “Right now we just aren’t good enough to pull these games out against good football teams. And that’s the honest truth. Until we figure that out, it’s gonna be rough.”
The Jaguars (8-6), Indianapolis Colts (8-6) and Houston Texans (8-6) are all tied atop the AFC South with three weeks remaining in the regular season.
The Jaguars have an intrastate matchup next week against the Buccaneers in Tampa Bay.
Follow USA TODAY Sports' Tyler Dragon on X @TheTylerDragon.
veryGood! (1)
Related
- Could Bill Belichick, Robert Kraft reunite? Maybe in Pro Football Hall of Fame's 2026 class
- Where is 'College GameDay' for Week 4? Location, what to know for ESPN show
- New York schools staff accused of taking family on trips meant for homeless students
- False reports of explosives found in a car near a Trump rally spread online
- Average rate on 30
- Hayden Panettiere Says Horrific Paparazzi Photos Led to Agoraphobia Struggle After Her Brother's Death
- Washington gubernatorial debate pits attorney general vs. ex-sheriff who helped nab serial killer
- Heat Protectants That Will Save Your Hair From Getting Fried
- SFO's new sensory room helps neurodivergent travelers fight flying jitters
- Mary Jo Eustace Details Coparenting Relationship With Dean McDermott and Tori Spelling
Ranking
- $73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
- AP PHOTOS: Life continues for Ohio community after Trump falsely accused Haitians of eating pets
- How Golden Bachelorette Joan Vassos Dealt With Guilt of Moving On After Husband's Death
- Americans can now renew passports online and bypass cumbersome paper applications
- Nearly half of US teens are online ‘constantly,’ Pew report finds
- New York man hit by stray police bullet needed cranial surgery, cousin says
- Michael Hill and April Brown given expanded MLB roles following the death of Billy Bean
- 'World-changing' impact: Carlsbad Caverns National Park scolds visitor who left Cheetos
Recommendation
Travis Hunter, the 2
South Carolina death row inmate asks governor for clemency
Georgia house fire victims had been shot before blaze erupted
Speaker Johnson takes another crack at spending bill linked to proof of citizenship for new voters
Former Danish minister for Greenland discusses Trump's push to acquire island
3 dead in wrong-way crash on busy suburban Detroit highway
What to know about the pipeline fire burning for a third day in Houston’s suburbs
Justice Department sues over Baltimore bridge collapse and seeks $100M in cleanup costs