Current:Home > ScamsSurpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Actor Will Forte says completed "Coyote vs. Acme" film is likely never coming out -ProfitSphere Academy
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center|Actor Will Forte says completed "Coyote vs. Acme" film is likely never coming out
Charles Langston View
Date:2025-04-07 06:43:35
A verdict seems to have Surpassing Quant Think Tank Centerbeen reached in the case of "Coyote vs. Acme," the Warner Bros. Discovery courtroom comedy based on the popular Looney Tunes character.
The movie will likely never come out, lead actor Will Forte said in a statement on social media Thursday.
Originally slated for a theatrical release last July, the film was reportedly shelved in November last year, according to Deadline.
Democratic Rep. Joaquin Castro of Texas alleged last year that the hiatus was part of a wider pattern of shelving films for tax breaks.
"The [Warner Bros. Discovery] tactic of scrapping fully made films for tax breaks is predatory and anti-competitive," Castro wrote on social media in November.
Following fan and industry outrage over the film's unceremonious fate, Netflix, Amazon and Paramount screened the film and "submitted handsome offers," none of which were accepted, The Wrap reported earlier this month.
"When I first heard that our movie was getting 'deleted,' I hadn't seen it yet," Forte wrote, addressing the film's cast and crew. "So I was thinking what everyone else must have been thinking: this thing must be a hunk of junk. But then I saw it. And it's incredible."
The SNL alum referenced the movie's high score among test audiences, and he lamented the studio's decision to bring the project to a premature end.
"The people who paid for this movie can obviously do whatever they want with it," Forte wrote, adding, "It doesn't mean I have to like it … Or agree with it."
"Please know that all the years and years of hard work, dedication and love that you put into this movie shows in every frame," he concluded.
Based on a satirical 1990 New Yorker article by Ian Frazier, the film stars Forte and John Cena alongside the animated Wile E. Coyote, who is suing the Acme Corporation over oft-backfiring products with which Coyote attempted to capture the Road Runner in the classic Looney Tunes cartoons.
"Mr. Coyote states that on occasions too numerous to list in this document he has suffered mishaps with explosives purchased of Defendant," reads the humor piece, written in the style of a court docket.
This is the third time Warner Bros. Discovery has axed a film in its final stages, with "Scoob! Holiday Haunt" and "Batgirl" being trimmed off the studio's balance sheet in 2022.
"As the Justice Department and @FTC revise their antitrust guidelines they should review this conduct," Castro wrote in his November social media post. "As someone remarked, it's like burning down a building for the insurance money."
- In:
- Hollywood
- Movies
- Warner Bros.
- Coyote
Rishi Rajagopalan is a social media associate producer and content writer for CBS News.
veryGood! (5223)
Related
- Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow owns a $3 million Batmobile Tumbler
- Tua Tagovailoa tackle: Dolphins QB laughs off taking knee to head vs. Rams on 'MNF'
- Mike Tyson emerges as heavyweight champ among product pitchmen before Jake Paul fight
- Karol G addresses backlash to '+57' lyric: 'I still have a lot to learn'
- Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown calls Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo a 'child' over fake handshake
- Democrat Cleo Fields wins re-drawn Louisiana congressional district, flipping red seat blue
- Tua Tagovailoa playing with confidence as Miami Dolphins hope MNF win can spark run
- NFL Week 15 picks straight up and against spread: Bills, Lions put No. 1 seed hopes on line
- What does the top five look like and other questions facing the College Football Playoff committee
Ranking
- New Zealand official reverses visa refusal for US conservative influencer Candace Owens
- Jennifer Lopez Turns Wicked Premiere Into Family Outing With 16-Year-Old Emme
- Tua Tagovailoa playing with confidence as Miami Dolphins hope MNF win can spark run
- Man killed by police in Minnesota was being sought in death of his pregnant wife
- $73.5M beach replenishment project starts in January at Jersey Shore
- Wisconsin authorities believe kayaker staged his disappearance and fled to Europe
- Mike Williams Instagram post: Steelers' WR shades Aaron Rodgers 'red line' comments
- John Robinson, former USC Trojans and Los Angeles Rams coach, dies at 89
Recommendation
Federal appeals court upholds $14.25 million fine against Exxon for pollution in Texas
Jack Del Rio leaving Wisconsin’s staff after arrest on charge of operating vehicle while intoxicated
Wicked's Ethan Slater Shares How Ariana Grande and Cynthia Erivo Set the Tone on Set
A pair of Trump officials have defended family separation and ramped-up deportations
NFL Week 15 picks straight up and against spread: Bills, Lions put No. 1 seed hopes on line
Fantasy football Week 11: Trade value chart and rest of season rankings
Minnesota county to pay $3.4M to end lawsuit over detainee’s death
Maryland man wanted after 'extensive collection' of 3D-printed ghost guns found at his home